Background

April 8, 2013

Adventures in Stamping. . . Belated

Well hello!  Long time no see!  How are you?  I am doing rather well, just busy.  I made my final move and am enjoying my new room.  Today was my first day back to work from spring break and I am exhausted!  Stupid migraines!  But, I promised myself I would get this posted and by Jove I will!

So, today's Adventures in Stamping is supposed to have an orange base.  I had no idea what to do so I flipped through my plates until inspiration hit me.  I landed on Winstonia W111.  I really liked the circle pattern, but I didn't want to use just orange.  I had read about a technique from Messy Mansion where you basically turn your stamps into custom nail stickers.  I decided to give it a try and fill in a few of the lines with a turquoise.


I love this technique and this manicure!  Consequently there are a few pictures, okay, five, but this is so much fun!


I used two China Glaze colors from the Avant Garden collection Mimosa's Before Mani's and Sunday Funday.  The white stamp is Konad Special White.


MBM looks a bit more orange in the pictures and in real life is more peach.


Clean up was a bit tricky as evidenced by my thumb and the design needed to be a smidgen wider. . .


I definitely will be using this technique again. . .and again. . . and again!  I think I may need to invest in a couple more stampers so I can do more than one nail at a time.  I didn't take as long for the polish to dry as Messy Mansion suggested, but it was a much simpler design than what she did.  Did I say I love this?

Tootles!
Fitz

P.S.  Even though I have been absent for a while, I still did designs and took pictures, so I will be trying to blog those soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment